Monday, April 28, 2008
Wally-World
Why does what should be a one hour max shopping trip ALWAYS take 3 or 4 hours at Wal-Mart!... Is this just true for half senile old ladies who are hopelessy prone to wandering on the bunny trails of life?...Has anyone else spent forever considering the merits of wearing men's board shorts as a bathing suit bottom because it would hide cellulite??..Then spent forever trying to figure out what size would work given men do not have small waists and big hips/thighs?..Then spent forever finding a pair in a conceivable size that is the right color, without pockets all over the place to add more bulk?..Then spent forever trying to find the right bathing suit top...only to finally decide you should try it all on so you don't end up spending more time returning it?.. try it on....and it looks AWFUL?...Another exercise in futility!!...Nuff said...I'm not even going to begin trying to explain what happened in the baby/childrens department..Or how it felt when later in the shopping journey a skinny woman, with NO hips or thighs, casually stood in the paper product aisle...successfully wearing the cutest looking pair of ....MEN'S BOARD SHORTS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I know what you mean. Went to Subway and they had these cool $5 footlong subs. But they chaos!!! What meat do you choose? They had this new sub (philly cheese steak), but after taking 20 minutes deciding whether to go for it instead of the italian grinder, I found out since it is new it isn't part of the $5 speacial. Drat, had to start all over!! Now I've always had an affinity for the regular cheese steak, but lately my taste buds have been delighting in the club. But now, what bread to choose? What happened to the good old days when they just had white or wheat? Now comes the hard part, what are all those vegetibles all about? Gotta get my money's worth though. OK OK, lettuce, yea, tomatoes, of coarse, pickles, sure, black olives, yum yum, cucumbers bleck, jalapenos or those foo foo light green peppers, why not both. Then oh no!!!! why do they gotta have all those fancy sauce bottles at the end to make you take another ten minutes to decide? Why do people behind you get so mad when you have such difficult decisions? There you go, a simple 10 minute trip turned into a 2 hour headache of decision making. And the worse part is that the subway at Sahuarita is in Walmart. Perhaps we should go together sometime.
Subway in Walmart?????It's a NIGHTMARE!!!!
Seriously tho, since I have a delusional wish to wear men's board shorts ergo need to lose hip and thighij...I have a veggie sub w/swiss cheese on the fiberiest bread,toasted, all veggies except jalapenos (altho I AM reconsidering that position lately...spicy revs up your metabloism...)and spicy mustard,vinegar (no oil),salt and pepper!!...
On a sidenote...Here's how I know you are my brother...We can carry on for THIS long on subway sandwiches...AND...you use the word bleck (which cracked me up for a good long while...)
Wait a minute, how did you decide what to have at Subway so fast?!?!?! Sometimes you intimidate me!!!
OK . . . thought i'd never get hooked into responding to things like this. But . . . WalMart & Subway????
All of you wonder why i shake my head all the time when i watch family interaction. Let's take Subway as an example. Why it takes sooooo long to order . . . at a SUBWAY. . . I do not know. You've been there before, numerous times, so you know the menu. You know you're going to go there again, so chances are you'll have a chance to order something ELSE. So, . . . ORDER . . . move on . . . and if you don't like it . . . don't order it again . . . you just narrowed your choices the next time.
Oh yeah . . . Last night I was trying to fall asleep and I'm being told the 'abbreviated' story about the Pope's 'Fish Hat' . . . Are you 2 for real?
You big city slickers got a problem with subway in walmart? Well, we also got a Best Western church (how's that for a new denomination). Before I go, I need to mention a flaw in your logic. You make the assumption us old farts can remember what we ordered the last time we went out to a big fancy meal.
Oh, silly preacher man . . . You forget who i'm living with. When it come sto food my wife, your sister, remembers EVERYWHERE we've been and WHAT we ate. I'll be even bold to say: "Including what she was wearing" . . . Oh, and "WHERE we sat"! . . . and, depending on who was there: "WHAT we talked aobut. It's that roladex memory thing she has . . . it's categorized. Oh yeah, "Big City"? . . . The closest food we have is a Nico's taco shop & a pizza joint 5 miles away. Wally World is in another zip code.
HELLO, I'm right here while you expose my wierdness to the world sweet man of my dreams...Altho it IS true that most people who know about my food obsession (and therefore KNOW I'm a tad ocd)also know it manifests itself by finding the perfect thing or two at EVERY restaurant to eat...Followed by agonizing over which of those 2 or three things I'm going to order...Which means I have to be the last to order, as if hearing everyone elses order will help me decide...Then I make a pressure decision while the waiter/waitress beholds my agony in stunned silence...
At this point tdakagp, I have to agree with you. Thats why I said mimi/mommy intimidates me, and the reason I moved to the opposite side of town. But if you think I feel sorry for you forget it. You got a Nico's? It cost me $10 gas to get to a Nico's. No wonder you moved out there!!!!
We just got a Carl Jrs. (in front of Walmart), but Janice and I are saving it for a special occasion.
Wait....I'm stiff baffled by the fact that you saw another skinny person in Walmart?
Thanks for saying ANOTHER skinny person sweety!! I choose to believe you meant ME as the other skinny one....Don't GO there Dan! (I already know a certain someone who has to live with me wouldn't go there...)
Skinny? Me? Have you seen my big honking muscles?
MMMMMuuscless......RRRRRiiiiiight..
GGGGGlllaassssss HHHHHHoouuusssseessssss!!!!!!
Post a Comment