Monday, September 15, 2008

Yikes.....Ike!!

Lindsay and Family survived the hurricane laying on a futon mat in their hallway.... I spent it on my brother in Phoenix (Thanks Tim & Betty) couch; tv remote in hand, cell phone waiting for any text update from Lindsay, drinking a glass of wine from my bottle of wine aptly named HOPE!!....It was NOT a restful night for anyone!!...Next day found Lindsay with no electricity, but also no major damage to the house (trashed landscaping and fencing...)
Now we are in VERY limited contact with Lindsay due to the fact that she has no power and has to ration cell phone use to limit the need for recharging the phone....She is a trooper, but I can't help but speculate that the heat, the eating/drinking challenges and the general chaos involved MUST be draining...Pray for this precious family...I know your love and concern mirror mine...
Thank all of you so much for the concern you have indeed been expressing to us...we are so blessed to be loved by you!!

No comments: