Next was a sentimental afternoon in Elgin, AZ celebrating Bud Krietemeyer's 80th birthday (He is a chef/mentor/father figure to Tom, who designed and made both of our daughters' wedding cakes) ...I just pray I am half as well-loved and healthy as this man in the years to come...We passed through a wine tasting extravaganza going on at the vineyard in Elgin...(a weekend in Elgin is sounding mighty enticing)...Then up a hill to the community center with a sweeping view of the valley below, truly lovely...The fire was blazing in the rock fireplace surrounded by comfy southwestern couches....The barbeque buffet was ready to go....And the room was filled with the good-will and love that IS the lasting legacy of this fine man
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
A Visit & A Celebration
Next was a sentimental afternoon in Elgin, AZ celebrating Bud Krietemeyer's 80th birthday (He is a chef/mentor/father figure to Tom, who designed and made both of our daughters' wedding cakes) ...I just pray I am half as well-loved and healthy as this man in the years to come...We passed through a wine tasting extravaganza going on at the vineyard in Elgin...(a weekend in Elgin is sounding mighty enticing)...Then up a hill to the community center with a sweeping view of the valley below, truly lovely...The fire was blazing in the rock fireplace surrounded by comfy southwestern couches....The barbeque buffet was ready to go....And the room was filled with the good-will and love that IS the lasting legacy of this fine man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment