Friday, January 7, 2011

A Standing Struggle


... Little one ... So lovable..So loved....  Struggling so hard to hold onto 2 blankies, Nai-Nai Duck, Bear, George Monkey, Nuts, and juice...  Then.. TO STAND, run in circles, say cheese for the camera.. And wait for life to happen!!  (Evidently, involving bye-bye and G.P.)... 
.... ALL that stuff....  He faithfully carries it up the stairs to bed .. Then back down the stairs to have as he wakes and starts living life....  WHY??...  Habitual Comfort, Security, Entertainment? ..  Everything he can find in the love that he already has?...
... It may seem weird.. But, whilst I laugh every time I watch this... I realize how deeply I relate to his struggle...
... I chuckle...
And God sits in heaven... Watching him... Watching me...  Smiling...

"So if I stand let me stand on the promise
That You will pull me thru
And if I can't let me fall on the grace
That first brought me to You. "
- Rich Mullin 

2 comments:

Mrs Bic said...

this is amazing! I am so proud to be related to him! oh, I lOVE that Rich Mullins song...I used to play it over and over!

Lindsay said...

ADORABLE!!