Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Let Me Call U Sweetheart...


So Valentine's has come and gone...Ended up being a celebration of old and new...Spent the day with my cute little Tucson imp and his mommy and the evening with my man in what had been our tradition for years...a jaunt to Cody's...Used to be able to walk from the "ol" Winterhaven hood...Kinda feels like comin home to go....bittersweet...The food is yummy...It's not over busy and commercialized...meaning not hip I suppose, just rustic, comfy and full of old fogeys....Which is what, on some level, we have become....Full of memories...we used to come ALL the time with our two precious at home daughters...Laugh, talk, share the day and bits of who we are and are becoming...That level of intimacy with our children is so precious and fleeting as they become adults and busy building that kind of relationship with their own little family...I miss it, even as we share who they are now and are becoming...But I am content with them as happy adults within their own little family...I reflect on it prayerfully...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So you really did go...wow! You forgot to mention my one month stint as the "boot-spilling" waitress!

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

..Umm...I think I'll let people wonder what you mean by that...Those were the days....XO